About the Role
This is an amazing opportunity for an insurance professional with 3+ years experience, who is looking to progress their career in the most innovative segment of the industry, working closely with and learning from our experienced Head of Insurance and the wider senior team.
This role will have a direct impact on how things are done in the insurance industry, help design home insurance products that people love, and help accelerate our business success.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing relationships with our most important underwriting partners, for our core products
- Tracking and analysing the performance of our insurance products
- Driving insurance product innovation within the business in areas such as underwriting and claims
- Owning internal and external risk reporting, including inputting into the Board and Senior team
- Keeping track of the competition, running regular research and analysis, including to support the development of new insurance products
- Generally rolling your sleeves up and getting involved wherever the business needs you
What we’re looking for from you:
- Interested in an analytical career within the innovative end of the insurance industry
- Excellent work ethic and a fast learner
- Has a can-do and self-improving mindset
- Wants to work in an innovative environment, with a high rate of change
- Is willing to pitch in to other areas of the business and help out wherever needed
- An easy-going person who gets on well with people from diverse backgrounds and points of view
You should apply if:
- You have 3+ years of experience
- You have experience in the insurance industry in either underwriting, broking or actuarial
- You have an understanding of risk drivers in the insurance industry
- ACII or working towards
- Experience in UK Personal Lines
Urban Jungle is an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. So long as you’ve got the skills for the job, even if you don’t fit these requirements exactly, we’d love to hear from you!
What you can expect from us:
Urban Jungle is an amazing business to work in with a super exciting and executable vision. Our team members are rewarded well, not only from a salary perspective (£45-50k depending on experience) but also with:
- An equity stake
- A company pension
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays
- A training budget to support whatever you need to do your job well
- Whatever kit you need to be effective
- Lots of social fun and events
Urban Jungle is an exciting fintech scaleup that is making waves in a high growth consumer insurance space. Although we work in financial services, we are at heart a tech company, focused on building a customer-first brand that people can trust.
Our mission is to help millions of young people plan for their financial future - starting with providing a safety net for their home lives. We’re designing and building insurance products for a new generation of customers, challenging the status quo and changing the way things are done in insurance. We base all of our decisions and strategy around our 4 core values:
- Customer first
- Transparency matters
- Keep getting better
- Be responsible
It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re growing fast! In the last year we hit 40,000 customers and doubled the team. We recently closed an £8m funding round and launched several new products - and we have big plans for growth in 2021! This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing, data driven company and have a hand in shaping our futures.
The position will start remotely but you must be able to work at our offices in Oval, South London in the medium term. The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation, followed by a practical and CV interview with the senior team.
Sound exciting? Apply here!