About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a bright, ambitious and well-rounded individual to join the Urban Jungle team to help us take our Partnerships offering to the next level and bring our amazing products to more and more customers.
A big focus for Urban Jungle is partnering with a range of businesses who are able to introduce their customers to our products. It could be a FinTech helping people save money on their insurance, a PropTech adding insurance into their journey, or a price comparison website helping customers find the best deal. As we grow and launch new products, the opportunity for us to find great partners is expanding and this role will be key to ensuring we do this successfully.
This is a really varied role where you'll work closely with a range of teams, including Product, Engineering and Marketing, as well as with lots of exciting partners. You’ll be expected to roll your sleeves up and get involved wherever the business needs you most.
You will be responsible for:
- Taking day-to-day responsibilities for our partnerships operations, including researching new partners, account management, reporting and working out how we can grow our existing partnerships.
- Getting stuck in and learning about all areas that partnerships involve, like sales and marketing, technical integrations, product management, commercial negotiations etc…
- Working closely with our Partnerships Manager to ensure the success of new partner integrations and/or bringing new products to our existing partners.
- Working with existing partners to understand how they can improve their performance and customer experience, as well as continuing to build our relationships with the people there.
- Collaborating with team members from across the business to iterate on and improve our partnerships proposition and technology.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 1-3 years of professional experience working in a high growth environment with client facing and project management experience.
- Is well-rounded, able to work across a range of topics and think commercially.
- Is easy-going and a natural people person who can build relationships quickly.
- Is a do-er and problem solver who can understand partners’ problems and how Urban Jungle can help solve them.
- Has great written and verbal communication skills and an eye for detail.
- No experience of insurance is required. We will support you in developing your domain knowledge.
Bonus if you:
- Have a proven track record of successfully working with a wide range of stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Are analytical and comfortable with data.
- Have worked with Product or Engineering teams in the past.
Urban Jungle is an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. So long as you’ve got the skills for the job, even if you don’t fit these requirements exactly, we’d love to hear from you!
What you can expect from us:
Urban Jungle is an amazing business to work in, with a super exciting and executable vision. Our team members are rewarded with:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- A material equity stake
- A company pension
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays
- Full training on whatever you need to do your job well
- Clear objectives, which are regularly updated, with regular formal feedback
- Whatever kit you need to be effective
- Lots of social fun and events
- A commitment from the senior team to spend significant time on your coaching and development.
- An open environment where you will be challenged
Urban Jungle is an exciting fintech scaleup that is making waves in a high growth consumer insurance space. Although we work in financial services, we are at heart a tech company, focused on building a customer-first brand that people can trust.
Our mission is to help millions of young people plan for their financial future - starting with providing a safety net for their home lives. We’re designing and building insurance products for a new generation of customers, challenging the status quo and changing the way things are done in insurance. We base all of our decisions and strategy around our 4 core values:
- Customer first
- Transparency matters
- Keep getting better
- Be responsible
It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re growing fast! In the last year we hit 35,000 customers and grew the team by 100% - and we have big plans for growth in 2021! This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing, data driven company and have a hand in shaping our futures.
Logistics & Application
The position will start remotely but you must be able to work at our offices in Oval, South London in the medium term. The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation, followed by a practical and CV interview with the senior team.
Sound exciting? Apply here.