Customer Operations Associate
About the Role
We’re looking for a bright, enthusiastic, analytical and creative problem solver to join the team to help shake up the way things are done in insurance and build a company for a new generation of customers. We want to help millions of young people plan for their financial future – starting with providing a safety net for their home lives.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a highly dynamic scale up environment in a key function as part of our growing customer operations team. As a Customer Operations Executive you will have the opportunity to make a big impact on our customer operations function as we grow. You will be in a uniquely varied role within the business - talking directly to our customers daily, contributing to business wide projects, and building relationships with our suppliers.
You will be responsible for:
- Handling day to day customer service operations, delivering high quality customer service via phone, online chat, and emails
- Overseeing our current claims processes, and building a relationship with our suppliers to ensure a good customer experience
- Identifying specific customer issues and working with the Customer Operations Manager and Insurance Team to resolve them
- Contributing to new business initiatives like the design of our in house claims handling service, and other new product launches
- Supporting the Customer Operations Manager to shape and deliver our Customer Operations strategy as we scale
- Using the insights you gain from customer interactions to be the voice of the customer in the business, and contribute to growth projects
What We’re Looking For From You:
- Smart, self-motivated and looking for an exciting challenge in a rapidly growing startup
- Passionate about how technology can make customers’ lives better
- A great communicator who loves solving problems for people with positivity, empathy and patience
- Super organised, and comfortable multitasking to tight deadlines
- Highly detail oriented but can also see the wood for the trees and make processes better
- Works well independently as well as part of a team
- Has a can-do and self-improving mindset, is resilient, and comfortable with ambiguity
Nice to haves:
- Experience in customer service, and / or in role where detailed processing is required
- Experience with reporting, databases, and Excel/Gsheets
- Experience with customer support tools like Zendesk
Urban Jungle is an inclusive employer and we value diversity at our company. So long as you’ve got the skills for the job, even if you don’t fit these requirements exactly, we’d love to hear from you!
You can expect from us:
Urban Jungle is an amazing business to work in with a super exciting and executable vision. Our team members are rewarded well, not only from a salary perspective (£25K+ depending on experience) but also with:
- A material equity stake
- A company pension
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays
- An annual personal development budget and training on whatever you need to do your job well
- A commitment from the co-founders to spend significant time on your coaching and development.
- Clear objectives, which are regularly updated, with regular formal feedback
- Whatever kit you need to be effective
- A commitment from the company to support your wellbeing for example with individual coaching sessions
- A cycle to work scheme
- Lots of social fun and events
- An open environment where you will be challenged
Urban Jungle is an exciting fintech scaleup that is making waves in a high growth consumer insurance space, on a mission to fix the way things are done in the industry and make customers’ lives better. Although we work in financial services, we are at heart a tech company, focused on building a customer-first brand that people can trust.
Our mission is to help millions of young people plan for their financial future - starting with providing a safety net for their home lives. We’re designing and building insurance products for a new generation of customers, challenging the status quo and changing the way things are done in insurance. We base all of our decisions and strategy around our 4 core values:
- Customer first
- Keep getting better
- Be responsible
- Aim for extraordinary
It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re growing fast! In the last year we hit 50,000 customers, launched several new products and doubled the team. We recently closed an £8m funding round - and we have big growth plans for the year ahead! This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing, data driven company and have a hand in shaping our futures.
Logistics & Application:
The interview process involves an initial phone conversation, followed by some practical tasks and competency interviews with the senior team.
The position will start partially remotely but you must be able to work at our offices in Oval, South London.
Sound exciting? Apply here.