Junior Data Analyst
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an analytical and commercial thinker who is looking for their next challenge in a fast paced and high growth tech scaleup!
We’re growing our business operations team and hiring a key role within the business to have a big impact on how we do things at Urban Jungle in the future.
As a Junior Data Analyst you'll work closely with a range of other teams, including Commercial, Product & senior leadership. The analysis you’ll be doing will be a driving force of the business’ direction, and key to our decision making.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing a huge variety of data and analysis, both project based and ad hoc
- Collaborating with all teams across the business to analyse data from a wide range of sources and drive insights that inform decision making
- Owning daily operational responsibilities such as producing reports for the board, or managing external data
- Improving and creating new internal dashboards
- Sharing knowledge and interesting insights with the wider team
- Supporting team learning sessions and building new resources when needed
What We’re Looking For From You:
- A numerical degree or up to two years relevant analytical experience through a data-focused Masters degree, work experience, or side projects
- Proficient skills working with Excel or G/sheets
- Analytical mindset and passionate about all things data
- Demonstrates business acumen and perspective beyond the numbers
- Highly detail oriented but can also see the wood for the trees and make processes better
- A great communicator who loves to translate data into insight
- Works well independently as well as part of a team
- Has a can-do and self-improving mindset, is resilient, and comfortable with ambiguity
Nice to haves:
- Experience in SQL or another coding language (e.g. Python, R)
- Experience working with data visualisation software (e.g. Tableau, data studio)
- Experience in statistical analyses
Urban Jungle is an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. So long as you’ve got the skills for the job, even if you don’t fit these requirements exactly, we’d love to hear from you!
You can expect from us:
Urban Jungle is an amazing business to work in, with a super exciting and executable vision. Our team members are rewarded well with:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- A material equity stake
- A company pension
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays
- Full training on whatever you need to do your job well
- Clear objectives, which are regularly updated, with regular formal feedback
- Whatever kit you need to be effective
- Lots of social fun and events
- A commitment from the co-founders to spend significant time on your coaching and development.
- An open environment where you will be challenged
Urban Jungle is an exciting fintech scaleup that is making waves in a high growth consumer insurance space. Although we work in financial services, we are at heart a tech company, focused on building a customer-first brand that people can trust.
Our mission is to help millions of young people plan for their financial future - starting with providing a safety net for their home lives. We’re designing and building insurance products for a new generation of customers, challenging the status quo and changing the way things are done in insurance. We base all of our decisions and strategy around our 4 core values:
- Customer first
- Transparency matters
- Keep getting better
- Be responsible
It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re growing fast! In the last year we hit 40,000 customers and doubled the team. We recently closed an £8m funding round - and we have big plans for growth in 2021! This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing, data driven company and have a hand in shaping our futures.
Logistics & Application:
The position will start remotely but you must be able to work at our offices in Oval, South London in the medium term. The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation, followed by a practical and CV interview with the senior team.
Sound exciting? Apply here.