Head of Claims
Urban Jungle is here to change the insurance industry for good.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in the UK, and we’re taking on one of the biggest and most widely used categories in the world. Urban Jungle puts the customer at the heart of everything it does, uses the latest technology to make insurance simple, fair and affordable, and helps us give our customers much more confidence in their financial futures.
All of this has meant we’ve already been able to help over 175,000 customers get better insurance and become one of the top-rated home insurance providers in the UK, with 4.6 on Trustpilot from over 8,000 reviews. We’ve raised over £30m in funding to date to help us with our mission.
We also have a huge focus on people and our planet. We’ve recently placed 1st in the TechRound100, and won the “Best Employer Award” in the UK FinTech Awards. We’re also proud to be a certified B-Corp, and a Carbon Neutral company.
And the best bit? This is just the beginning.
About The Role
We're looking for a driven and experienced insurance professional to lead our claims operation.
You will be responsible for defining and setting up a modern, world-class claims operation at Urban Jungle.
We'll look to you to set the strategy for the area and lead on developing our claims proposition, in line with our ambitious growth plans.
In this role, you'll work closely alongside our senior team and will report directly to our Operations Director.
Here’s what you’ll get up to:
- Take charge of all Claims operations at Urban Jungle, including claims referrals, and managing critical third-party relationships.
- Work closely with the Operations Director and the rest of the senior team to set our strategy in Claims.
- Serve as the go-to person for handling large or complex customer claims.
- Drive step-change improvements in what is a fundamental part of our business and make a positive impact on our 175,000+ customers.
You've read this far! Here's what we need from you:
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience, including direct experience in claims (either directly handling or heavily involved via another role like underwriting).
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, including being comfortable engaging with stakeholders of all levels, internally and externally.
- A doer who likes getting their hands dirty solving problems and making things happen.
- A structured thinker, comfortable with ambiguity and complex problem-solving.
- Ultimately, you’re highly ambitious with the drive to push both the business and yourself to the next level.
These requirements are a guide as to what we’re looking for, but if you don’t have all of the skills listed above, that’s okay! Please don’t let that hold you back from applying if the role excites you.
About Our Offer
We’re taking an office-centric approach to work (with lots of flexibility built-in) and the team is based in Oval, London.
In addition to our positive, open working environment, you can expect the following benefits of working at Urban Jungle:
- A starting salary of between £65,000 - £85,000 based on your skills and experience.
- A share of our successes. Every Urban Jungler receives share options that can increase alongside performance and growth.
- An impact from day one. Our business is scaling rapidly. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of Urban Jungle now and in the future.
- Dedicated development. Continuous learning and growth are part of our DNA. Our aim is to help you develop faster than any other business could. You’ll have a dedicated senior mentor, training on whatever you need to do your job well, and a dedicated personal development budget.
- Well-being support. We’re committed to supporting both physical and mental well-being through a variety of initiatives designed to help you feel your best.
- A commitment to our values. Our values inform our policies, processes, decisions, and actions. They are core to how we operate as a business.
- 25 days paid leave, plus public holidays.
- All. The. Fun. We regularly organise awesome socials and have some vibrant team communities like book club, foodies, and sports.
About Our Commitment
Urban Jungle is an equal opportunity employer and fairness and respect are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We do not discriminate based on race, age, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. We know that in order to build a truly successful business, we need a team of diverse individuals who can offer a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives.