Head of Commercial (Partnerships)
Urban Jungle is here to change the insurance industry for good.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in the UK, and we’re taking on one of the biggest and most outdated industries in the world. Urban Jungle puts the customer at the heart of everything it does, uses the latest technology to make insurance simple, fair and affordable, and helps us give our customers much more confidence in their financial futures.
All of this has meant we’ve already been able to help over 125,000 customers get better insurance and become one of the top-rated home insurance providers in the UK, with 4.8 on Trustpilot from over 6,000 reviews. We’ve raised over £30m in funding to date to help us with our mission.
We also have a huge focus on people and our planet. We placed 1st in the TechRound100 2021, 12th in the Startups100 2021 and we won the “Best Employer Award” in the UK FinTech Awards 2021. More recently in 2022, we placed 5th in Tempo's Super Start Ups Awards and achieved B Corp certification.
And the best bit? This is just the beginning.
About The Role
We’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset to head up our Partnerships function at Urban Jungle.
Partnerships are already a huge part of Urban Jungle but we have only just begun to tap into their potential.
We’ll look to you to set the strategy for the area and lead on developing our proposition, nurturing our existing partnerships pipeline and identifying new growth opportunities.
As we continue to grow the function, you’ll also have the opportunity to scope, design and develop new ways of doing Partnerships, as well as hire and lead the team that supports the partners you bring on board.
In this role, you’ll work closely alongside our senior team and will report directly to our Chief Commercial Officer, Jonathon Pinner.
Here’s what you’ll get up to:
- Work closely with the CCO and the rest of the senior team to set our strategy in partnerships.
- Design, develop and iterate our Partnerships proposition and go-to-market plan.
- Manage the end-to-end pipeline, including identifying, qualifying, negotiation and closing new opportunities, with the support of the CCO and CEO.
- Launch new partnerships and manage the relationships on an ongoing basis.
- Hire and lead the team that manages those partnerships.
You've read this far! Here's what we need from you:
- Experience in either Partnerships, Product Management, Strategy or General Management.
- An entrepreneurial drive. We need someone to take ownership of our Partnerships function and make it a huge success.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, including being comfortable engaging with stakeholders of all levels, internally and externally.
- A structured thinker with strong strategy and commercial skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and complex problem solving.
- A product management mindset with the ability to think about two types of customers - the end users of our products and the partners we work with.
- This is not a sales role, but some business development or account management experience would be a bonus.
These requirements are a guide as to what we’re looking for, but if you don’t have all of the skills listed above, that’s okay! Please don’t let that hold you back from applying if the role excites you.
About Our Offer
We’re taking an office-centric approach to work (with lots of flexibility built-in) and the team is based in Oval, London.
In addition to our positive, open working environment, you can expect the following benefits of working at Urban Jungle:
- A starting salary of £65,000 - £75,000* depending on experience.
- A share of our successes. Every Urban Jungler receives share options that can increase alongside performance and growth.
- An impact from day one. Our business is scaling rapidly. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of Urban Jungle now and in the future.
- Dedicated development. Continuous learning and growth are part of our DNA. Our aim is to help you develop faster than any other business could. You’ll have a dedicated senior mentor, training on whatever you need to do your job well, and a dedicated personal development budget.
- Well-being support. We’re committed to supporting both physical and mental well-being through a variety of initiatives designed to help you feel your best.
- A commitment to our values. Our values inform our policies, processes, decisions, and actions. They are core to how we operate as a business.
- 25 days paid leave, plus public holidays.
- All. The. Fun. We regularly organise awesome socials and have some vibrant team communities like book club, foodies, and sports.
*If our advertised salary doesn’t suit your current expectations, just let us know.
About Our Commitment
Urban Jungle is an equal opportunity employer and fairness and respect are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We do not discriminate based on race, age, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. We know that in order to build a truly successful business, we need a team of diverse individuals who can offer a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives.