Urban Jungle is here to change the insurance industry for good.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in the UK, and we’re taking on one of the biggest and most outdated industries in the world. To keep doing that we need some amazing people to help us build the future of insurance, and we’d love you to join us on our journey.
Urban Jungle was born out of frustration with how badly insurance companies were at using technology, and how little they understood what customers really needed. The result was insurance that was too expensive, too inflexible and in many cases not fair to customers. Urban Jungle puts the customer at the heart of everything it does, uses the latest technology to make insurance simple, fair and affordable, and helps us give our customers much more confidence in their financial futures.
All of this has meant we’ve already been able to help over 100,000 customers get better insurance and become one of the top-rated home insurance providers in the UK, with 4.8 on Trustpilot from over 5,000 reviews. We’re currently focused on Home insurance, but we’re adding new products all of the time, and we’ve raised over £30m in funding to date to help us with our mission.
We also have a huge focus on people. We placed 1st in the TechRound100 2021, 12th in the Startups100 2021 and we won the “Best Employer Award” in the UK FinTech Awards 2021.
And the best bit? This is just the beginning.
About The Role
We’re looking for an Insurance Associate to help us continue to craft the best insurance products for our customers.
In this role, you’ll support our existing Insurance team of three with day-to-day reporting requirements, performance analysis and support the rest of the team in our external underwriting and claims relationships.
Working closely alongside our Product, Commercial, and Operations teams, you’ll be heavily involved in cross-functional projects and will have a tangible impact on the decisions we make both now and in the future.
In this role, you’ll report to our Insurance Director, Stephen Cowap.
Here’s what you’ll get up to:
- Support internal and external reporting requirements, taking on increasing responsibility over time.
- Build relationships with our underwriting and claims partners across our products.
- Conduct robust analysis of the performance of our products and communicate key insights to the internal team.
- Collaborate cross-functionally on some of our biggest projects, for example, designing a new claims handling process.
- Support the wider business with any insurance-related queries.
You've read this far! Here's what we need from you:
- At least a years’ experience in the Insurance sector - this could be within the Underwriting, Broking, or Actuarial space.
- You’ve seen the flaws within the Insurance industry and you’re eager to work in an innovative business challenging the status-quo.
- You take a customer-first approach as you recognise that the customer is at the heart of our business.
- Use your analytical skills to track the performance of our products and draw insight to ensure our products stay competitive.
- Strong communication skills to provide concise and timely updates to both internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Use your excellent time management abilities to prioritise daily tasks in accordance with overarching company goals.
- Ultimately, you’ll be a highly ambitious self-starter with the drive to push both the business and yourself to the next level!
These requirements are a guide as to what we’re looking for, but if you don’t have all of the skills listed above, that’s okay! Please don’t let that hold you back from applying if the role excites you.
About Our Offer
We’re taking an office-centric approach to work (with lots of flexibility built-in) and the team is based in Oval, London.
In addition to our positive, open working environment, you can expect the following benefits of working at Urban Jungle:
- A starting salary of between £28,000 - £35,000 depending on experience.
- A share of our successes. Every Urban Jungler receives share options that can increase alongside performance and growth.
- An impact from day one. Our business is scaling rapidly. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of Urban Jungle now and in the future.
- Dedicated development. Continuous learning and growth are part of our DNA. Our aim is to help you develop faster than any other business could. You’ll have a dedicated senior mentor, training on whatever you need to do your job well and a dedicated personal development budget.
- Well-being support. We’re committed to supporting both physical and mental well-being through a variety of initiatives designed to help you feel your best.
- A commitment to our values. Our values inform our policies, processes, decisions and actions. They are core to how we operate as a business.
- 25 days paid leave, plus public holidays.
- All. The. Fun. We regularly organise awesome socials and have some vibrant team communities like book club, foodies, and sports.
About Our Commitment
Urban Jungle is an equal opportunity employer and fairness and respect are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We do not discriminate based on race, age, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. We know that in order to build a truly successful business, we need a team of diverse individuals who can offer a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives.
We accept applications from candidates requiring visa sponsorship.