Urban Jungle is here to change the insurance industry for good.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in the UK, and we’re taking on one of the biggest and most outdated industries in the world. Urban Jungle puts the customer at the heart of everything it does, uses the latest technology to make insurance simple, fair and affordable, and helps us give our customers much more confidence in their financial futures.
All of this has meant we’ve already been able to help over 125,000 customers get better insurance and become one of the top-rated home insurance providers in the UK, with 4.8 on Trustpilot from over 6,000 reviews. We’ve raised over £30m in funding to date to help us with our mission.
We also have a huge focus on people and our planet. We placed 1st in the TechRound100 2021, 12th in the Startups100 2021 and we won the “Best Employer Award” in the UK FinTech Awards 2021. More recently in 2022, we placed 5th in Tempo's Super Start Ups Awards and achieved B Corp certification.
And the best bit? This is just the beginning.
About The Role
We are looking for a passionate Junior Copywriter to join our growing Marketing team!
We’ll be asking you to hit the ground running, learning the ins and outs of our brand, product offering, and tone of voice so you can create compelling, engaging copy for our SEO content and other key marketing channels. We know that you’re eager to sharpen your pencil and you’ll have the opportunity to spend plenty of time honing your writing abilities and developing as a copywriter.
You’ll work closely with the rest of our Marketing team to drive our brand forward, shaping and progressing our SEO marketing channel. Your writing will reach thousands of people through SEO, be it in the copy on our blog or product copy on our website. You’ll represent and champion our tone of voice in everything you write, creating consistent communications that inform and inspire.
In this role, you’ll report to our Head of Brand Marketing, Fátima Diez-Piriz.
Here’s what you’ll get up to:
- Writing and curating our SEO blog content. You’ll be learning all about the intricacies of SEO copywriting and soon take ownership of our SEO blog. With help from our existing SEO team, you’ll develop new ideas for blog topics and you’ll start getting to grips with how to optimise your writing for SEO wins.
- Collaborating with our SEO team to create our monthly content strategy for SEO.
- Writing SEO sales-focused and educational copy for our website with a laser focus on our products and their USPs.
- Understanding, defining and implementing our tone of voice. You’ll be getting stuck into the Urban Jungle brand to learn about what we say, how we say it, and gain a solid idea of all the amazing things you can do with our message.
- Supporting the wider business with ad-hoc requests, whether it be an award entry for our Employer Brand or an e-mail to our customers.
- Become an ambassador for our tone of voice, empowering the whole business to speak and write as one.
You've read this far! Here's what we’re looking for from you:
- Impeccable English language skills with considerable writing experience - whether that be academically or professionally
- Extreme attention to detail - you’ll be able to spot a stray comma from a mile away!
- Excellent under pressure with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines.
- A great communicator - you’re good at explaining exactly what you mean and reporting on how content is performing.
- You’re collaborative and great at taking and implementing feedback.
- You need to love writing! We’re looking for someone with a genuine passion for the written word.
These requirements are a guide as to what we’re looking for, but if you don’t have all of the skills listed above, that’s okay! Please don’t let that hold you back from applying if the role excites you.
About Our Offer
We’re taking an office-centric approach to work (with lots of flexibility built-in) and the team is based in Oval, London.
In addition to our positive, open working environment, you can expect the following benefits of working at Urban Jungle:
- A starting salary of £25,000 - £29,000 depending on experience.
- A share of our successes. Every Urban Jungler receives share options that can increase alongside performance and growth.
- An impact from day one. Our business is scaling rapidly. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of Urban Jungle now and in the future.
- Dedicated development. Continuous learning and growth are part of our DNA. Our aim is to help you develop faster than any other business could. You’ll have a dedicated senior mentor, training on whatever you need to do your job well, and a dedicated personal development budget.
- Well-being support. We’re committed to supporting both physical and mental well-being through a variety of initiatives designed to help you feel your best.
- A commitment to our values. Our values inform our policies, processes, decisions, and actions. They are core to how we operate as a business.
- 25 days paid leave, plus public holidays.
- All. The. Fun. We regularly organise awesome socials and have some vibrant team communities like book club, foodies, and sports.
About Our Commitment
Urban Jungle is an equal opportunity employer and fairness and respect are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We do not discriminate based on race, age, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. We know that in order to build a truly successful business, we need a team of diverse individuals who can offer a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives.