Junior UX/UI Designer
About the Role
We are looking for a Junior UX/UI Designer who is driven by problem solving and designing great user experiences, but who also has strong convictions on what brilliant visual design looks like. You’ll be joining our product team in a fast paced and high growth tech scaleup environment.
Our mission is to help millions of young people plan for their financial future - starting with providing a safety net for their home lives. We’re designing and building insurance products for a new generation of customers, challenging the status quo and changing the way things are done in insurance.
In this role, you will work closely with product managers and engineers to understand customer needs, wireframe and prototype solutions and create fantastic high-fidelity designs. It’s an exciting opportunity to get involved in projects that touch on every part of the company and grow fast as a designer.
You will also:
- Work as part of our collaborative product and engineering team in mapping out brilliant design solutions to tough user problems
- Design wireframes, prototypes, complete high-fidelity designs and write detailed specs
- Conduct user research to understand our customers needs better and help us to improve our customer experience
- Create reusable assets like UI kits, icons, illustrations and infographics
- Help us add visual delight to our product that users will love
- Muck in to help out other teams with their design needs
We’re looking for someone who:
- Either has a qualification in user-centric design or experience in a design-focused role
- Has a strong portfolio with examples of customer-facing products
- Is comfortable working with modern web design tools
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset - you want to be working on exciting, big problems
- Is a self-starter who is comfortable working in a continually changing environment and dealing with ambiguity
- Is excited to pitch in with broader team and business responsibilities
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience designing a tech product
- Have dabbled with HTML / CSS or any other programming language
- Have experience in non-product design categories; publishing, illustration, animation, print, photography, etc
Urban Jungle is an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. So long as you’ve got the skills for the job, even if you don’t fit these requirements exactly, we’d love to hear from you!
You can expect from us:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- A material equity stake
- A company pension
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays
- Full training on whatever you need to do your job well
- Clear objectives, which are regularly updated, with regular formal feedback
- Whatever kit you need to be effective
- Lots of social fun and events
- A commitment from the co-founders to spend significant time on your coaching and development
- An open environment where you will be challenged
Urban Jungle is an exciting fintech scaleup that is making waves in the high growth consumer insurance space. Although we work in financial services, we are at heart a tech company, focused on building a customer-first brand that people can trust.
We base all of our decisions and strategy around our 4 core values:
- Customer first
- Transparency matters
- Keep getting better
- Be responsible
It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re growing fast! In the last year we hit 40,000 customers and doubled the team. We recently closed an £8m funding round and launched several new products - and we have big plans for growth in 2021! This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing, data driven company and have a hand in shaping our futures.
Logistics & Application:
Please send your design portfolio with your application.
The position will start remotely but you must be able to work at our offices in Oval, South London in the medium term. The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation, followed by a practical and CV interview with members of the team.
Sound exciting? Apply here.