Urban Jungle is here to change the insurance industry for good.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in the UK, and we’re taking on one of the biggest and most outdated industries in the world. To keep doing that we need some amazing people to help us build the future of insurance, and we’d love you to join us on our journey.
Urban Jungle was born out of frustration with how badly insurance companies were at using technology, and how little they understood what customers really needed. The result was insurance that was too expensive, too inflexible and in many cases not fair to customers. Urban Jungle puts the customer at the heart of everything it does, uses the latest technology to make insurance simple, fair and affordable, and helps us give our customers much more confidence in their financial futures.
All of this has meant we’ve already been able to help over 100,000 customers get better insurance and become one of the top-rated home insurance providers in the UK, with 4.8 on Trustpilot from over 5,000 reviews. We’re currently focused on Home insurance, but we’re adding new products all of the time, and we’ve raised over £30m in funding to date to help us with our mission.
We also have a huge focus on people. We placed 1st in the TechRound100 2021, 12th in the Startups100 2021 and we won the “Best Employer Award” in the UK FinTech Awards 2021.
And the best bit? This is just the beginning.
About The Role
We’re looking for a Marketing Associate to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans to take us from start-up challenger to being the go-to brand for our target audience.
In this role, your focus will be on driving the acquisition of new customers through our digital channels. You'll manage campaigns, brief creative, define tests, and analyse results.
You’ll be working alongside our growing in-house team across Marketing, Commercial, and Product to evolve, shape and mould our brand.
In this role, you’ll report to our Marketing Director, Laura Woodhead.
Here’s what you’ll get up to:
- Managing and iterating on our digital marketing campaigns, including PPC, paid social, and email acquisition.
- Data-driven performance analysis to maximise performance and generate customer insights for the rest of the company.
- Planning and running tests to rapidly improve performance.
- Sharing key learnings with the wider team to inform them of market trends and customer preferences.
- Coordinating with Product, Engineering and Operations to ensure we are executing at a high level and delivering a great customer experience.
- Rolling your sleeves up and getting involved wherever you are needed!
You've read this far! Here's what we need from you:
- We’re not looking for any previous experience, so long as you can demonstrate a genuine interest in Marketing.
- A natural problem-solver with a “test and learn” mentality.
- Highly analytical with a knack for numbers.
- When deadlines pile on, you always keep your cool.
- You’re good at explaining exactly what you mean and know how to tailor your communication to different audiences.
- You’re a self-starter, who makes their own opportunities.
- You love asking questions, learning new skills and you’re never afraid to say “I don’t know.”
These requirements are a guide as to what we’re looking for, but if you don’t have all of the skills listed above, that’s okay! Please don’t let that hold you back from applying if the role excites you.
About Our Offer
We’re taking an office-centric approach to work (with lots of flexibility built-in) and the team is based in Oval, London.
In addition to our positive, open working environment, you can expect the following benefits of working at Urban Jungle:
- A starting salary of between £25,000 - £28,000 depending on experience.
- A share of our successes. Every Urban Jungler receives share options that can increase alongside performance and growth.
- An impact from day one. Our business is scaling rapidly. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of Urban Jungle now and in the future.
- Dedicated development. Continuous learning and growth are part of our DNA. Our aim is to help you develop faster than any other business could. You’ll have a dedicated senior mentor, training on whatever you need to do your job well, and a dedicated personal development budget.
- Well-being support. We’re committed to supporting both physical and mental well-being through a variety of initiatives designed to help you feel your best.
- A commitment to our values. Our values inform our policies, processes, decisions, and actions. They are core to how we operate as a business.
- 25 days paid leave, plus public holidays.
- All. The. Fun. We regularly organise awesome socials and have some vibrant team communities like book club, foodies, and sports.
About Our Commitment
Urban Jungle is an equal opportunity employer and fairness and respect are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We do not discriminate based on race, age, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. We know that in order to build a truly successful business, we need a team of diverse individuals who can offer a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives.
We accept applications from candidates requiring visa sponsorship.