Urban Jungle is here to change the insurance industry for good.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in the UK, and we’re taking on one of the biggest and most widely used categories in the world. Urban Jungle puts the customer at the heart of everything it does, uses the latest technology to make insurance simple, fair and affordable, and helps us give our customers much more confidence in their financial futures.
All of this has meant we’ve already been able to help nearly 200,000 customers get better insurance and become one of the top-rated home insurance providers in the UK, with 4.6 on Trustpilot from over 8,000 reviews. We’ve raised over £30m in funding to date to help us with our mission.
We also have a huge focus on people and our planet. We’ve recently placed 1st in Tempo's Super Start Ups 2024, and won the “Best Employer Award” in the UK FinTech Awards. We’re also proud to be a certified B-Corp, and a Carbon Neutral company.
And the best bit? This is just the beginning.
About The Role
We’re looking for a driven and enthusiastic Marketing Associate to join our Marketing team and help us achieve our ambitious growth plans.
In this role, you’ll be working alongside our 4 strong marketing team, focusing on wherever the company needs you most. We operate across a huge range of marketing channels (Google PPC, SEO, Partnerships, Email, Social, TV, etc) so you’ll get the opportunity to quickly learn and build your skills across a broad range of areas - whether that’s creating engaging content for TikTok, testing different audiences for digital ads, or setting up a completely new channel! You’ll have a key role in rolling out different marketing tests to build awareness of why Urban Jungle is different and to grow our customer base - coming up with ideas, getting them live and measuring how they perform.
You’ll rapidly grow your ownership skills as you and the company learn and develop.
Here’s what you’ll get up to:
- You’ll be a marketing generalist, taking ownership of delivering marketing tests and campaigns.
- You’ll use a mixture of creative, analytical and project management skills to contribute ideas on what to do next, executing those ideas, and running analysis on how they performed.
- You’ll utilise customer and competitive insights to create compelling and effective marketing communication, including briefing and developing creative with 3rd parties (e.g designers) and writing copy yourself.
- You’ll get to dive into data from a range of sources to inform decisions, set goals and measure the impact of the tests we ship.
- You’ll work collaboratively with the rest of the business to make things happen
You've read this far! Here's what we’re looking for from you:
- We’re not looking for any previous experience, so long as you can demonstrate a genuine interest in marketing and/ or how brands communicate.
- You’re excited to learn about - and get stuck into - a broad range of marketing areas and channels, including creating compelling copy or content.
- A natural problem solver, you love asking questions and you’re never afraid to say “I don’t know.”
- You’re analytical, and interested in working out why something has happened.
- You’re a self-starter, who makes their own opportunities and pushes tasks to completion
- You’re good at explaining exactly what you mean and know how to tailor your communication to different audiences.
- You’re passionate about helping customers, and excited by Urban Jungle’s mission to make insurance fairer
These requirements are a guide as to what we’re looking for, but if you don’t have all of the skills listed above, that’s okay! Please don’t let that hold you back from applying if the role excites you.
About Our Offer
We’re taking an office-centric approach to work (with lots of flexibility built-in) and the team is based in Oval, London.
In addition to our positive, open working environment, you can expect the following benefits of working at Urban Jungle:
- A starting salary of £27,500 - £31,000 depending on experience.
- A share of our successes. Every Urban Jungler receives share options that can increase alongside performance and growth.
- An impact from day one. Our business is scaling rapidly. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of Urban Jungle now and in the future.
- Dedicated development. Continuous learning and growth are part of our DNA. Our aim is to help you develop faster than any other business could. You’ll have a dedicated senior mentor, training on whatever you need to do your job well, and a dedicated personal development budget.
- Well-being support. We’re committed to supporting both physical and mental well-being through a variety of initiatives designed to help you feel your best.
- A commitment to our values. Our values inform our policies, processes, decisions, and actions. They are core to how we operate as a business.
- 25 days paid leave, plus public holidays.
- All. The. Fun. We regularly organise awesome socials and have some vibrant team communities like book club, foodies, and sports.
About Our Commitment
Urban Jungle is an equal opportunity employer and fairness and respect are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We do not discriminate based on race, age, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. We know that in order to build a truly successful business, we need a team of diverse individuals who can offer a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives.