Urban Jungle is here to change the insurance industry for good.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in the UK, and we’re taking on one of the biggest and most outdated industries in the world. Urban Jungle puts the customer at the heart of everything it does, uses the latest technology to make insurance simple, fair and affordable, and helps us give our customers much more confidence in their financial futures.
All of this has meant we’ve already been able to help over 125,000 customers get better insurance and become one of the top-rated home insurance providers in the UK, with 4.8 on Trustpilot from over 6,000 reviews. We’ve raised over £30m in funding to date to help us with our mission.
We also have a huge focus on people and our planet. We placed 1st in the TechRound100 2021, 12th in the Startups100 2021 and we won the “Best Employer Award” in the UK FinTech Awards 2021. More recently in 2022, we placed 5th in Tempo's Super Start Ups Awards and achieved B Corp certification.
And the best bit? This is just the beginning.
About The Role
We’re looking for an aspiring marketer to join the performance arm of our Marketing team at Urban Jungle.
As Marketing Associate, you’ll support our acquisition strategy through our digital channels and affiliate partners. You'll have the opportunity to flex both your creative and analytical muscles as you manage campaigns and external relationships, briefing creative, defining tests and analysing results.
Alongside this, you’ll have the opportunity to get stuck into exciting cross-functional projects that continue to push the business forward.
Working closely alongside our Marketing and Commercial teams, you’ll have a huge impact on how we do things at Urban Jungle.
In this role, you will report to our Senior Marketing Associate, Conor Beale.
Here’s what you’ll get up to:
- Manage existing and future performance marketing channels according to company growth targets.
- Analyse and report on performance data; sharing your findings with the wider business.
- Make recommendations to drive improvements to our core metrics
- Plan and run tests to rapidly iterate our activity, including writing copy and creating landing pages
- Work with both our existing and new affiliate partners to optimise channel performance
- Collaborate with our Product, Engineering and Operations teams to ensure we are executing at a high level and delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Roll your sleeves up and get involved wherever you are needed!
You've read this far! Here's what we’re looking for from you:
- A knack for numbers and comfortable analysing and reporting on large data sets
- A natural problem-solver with a “test and learn” mentality. There are always new approaches to try!
- A strong communicator with the ability to communicate key insights to a variety of stakeholders across the business.
- A level of attention to detail that will put us all to shame! You’ll easily be able to spot any anomalies in the data.
These requirements are a guide as to what we’re looking for, but if you don’t have all of the skills listed above, that’s okay! Please don’t let that hold you back from applying if the role excites you.
About Our Offer
We’re taking an office-centric approach to work (with lots of flexibility built-in) and the team is based in Oval, London.
In addition to our positive, open working environment, you can expect the following benefits of working at Urban Jungle:
- A starting salary of £25,000 - £29,000 depending on experience.
- A share of our successes. Every Urban Jungler receives share options that can increase alongside performance and growth.
- An impact from day one. Our business is scaling rapidly. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of Urban Jungle now and in the future.
- Dedicated development. Continuous learning and growth are part of our DNA. Our aim is to help you develop faster than any other business could. You’ll have a dedicated senior mentor, training on whatever you need to do your job well, and a dedicated personal development budget.
- Well-being support. We’re committed to supporting both physical and mental well-being through a variety of initiatives designed to help you feel your best.
- A commitment to our values. Our values inform our policies, processes, decisions, and actions. They are core to how we operate as a business.
- 25 days paid leave, plus public holidays.
- All. The. Fun. We regularly organise awesome socials and have some vibrant team communities like book club, foodies, and sports.
About Our Commitment
Urban Jungle is an equal opportunity employer and fairness and respect are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We do not discriminate based on race, age, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. We know that in order to build a truly successful business, we need a team of diverse individuals who can offer a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives.