About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented People-focused professional, who is looking for their next challenge in a fast paced and high growth tech scaleup!
Our business and team are growing extremely quickly and we’re looking for someone to take our People operations to the next level. That means managing the roll out & scale up of our talent acquisition, learning & development and people operations agenda. You will have lots of opportunity to work closely with people from across our business on all the full range of People responsibilities, including managing our Talent Partner.
Our talent strategy is to hire a diverse set of people with huge potential, and give their careers a rocket boost through constant learning and development, and opportunities act up at the next level. Your job will be to own and help us deliver on this strategy, and help us attract, develop and retain the best talent.
You will be responsible for:
- Helping set and execute on our Talent Acquisition plans and Employer Branding strategy
- Owning our Learning & Development agenda, sourcing materials and setting up repeatable processes
- Owning our new employee onboarding process - making sure people feel welcome and supported
- Managing external suppliers eg recruiter partners, benefits providers
- Ensuring people policies are consistent with us being an employer of choice, and are up to date with latest legislation
- Managing the roll-out of our team-wide culture & charity events
What We’re Looking For From You:
- 4+ years experience in People/ Talent roles
- People generalist background with exposure to several areas of a talent function & familiarity with employment law
- Experience in a high-growth environment
- Experience managing 3rd party relationships
- Great written and verbal communication and an eye for detail
- Analytical skills, comfortable using data to drive improvements and outputs
- Strategic thinker, able to build processes that scale and look around corners for the next value-add improvement
- Experience managing a team
Urban Jungle is an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. So long as you’ve got the skills for the job, even if you don’t fit these requirements exactly, we’d love to hear from you!
You can expect from us:
Urban Jungle is an amazing business to work in, with a super exciting and executable vision. Our team members are rewarded well with:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- A material equity stake
- A company pension
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays
- Full training on whatever you need to do your job well
- Clear objectives, which are regularly updated, with regular formal feedback
- Whatever kit you need to be effective
- Lots of social fun and events
- A commitment from the senior team to spend significant time on your coaching and development.
- An open environment where you will be challenged
Urban Jungle is an exciting fintech scaleup that is making waves in a high growth consumer insurance space. Although we work in financial services, we are at heart a tech company, focused on building a customer-first brand that people can trust.
Our mission is to help millions of young people plan for their financial future - starting with providing a safety net for their home lives. We’re designing and building insurance products for a new generation of customers, challenging the status quo and changing the way things are done in insurance. We base all of our decisions and strategy around our 4 core values:
- Customer first
- Transparency matters
- Keep getting better
- Be responsible
It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re growing fast! In the last year we hit 35,000 customers and grew the team by 100% - and we have big plans for growth in 2021! This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing, data driven company and have a hand in shaping our futures.
Logistics & Application:
The position will start remotely but you must be able to work at our offices in Oval, South London in the medium term. The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation, followed by a practical and CV interview with the senior team.
Sound exciting? Apply here.