Product & Design Roles
About The Product & Design team
The Product and Design team at Urban Jungle works across the business to build our growing product portfolio. We discover customer needs, validate solutions and work with the Engineering team to ship features, experiments, and new products that have a material impact on our business.
This is an exciting time to join the team as we continue to scale, with challenges across customer acquisition and retention, building internal tooling, managing customer claims experiences, and launching products into new markets. Because we are still early-stage (but growing fast), this is a chance to have broad exposure across the business, helping to shape the direction of our product roadmap, and as such is the perfect role for someone who wants to learn a lot in a short space of time.
We work in a cross-functional way, drawing together colleagues from across the business to solve hard problems together. While we apply the principles of the agile methodology, we don’t follow a proscribed structure like SCRUM - we stay flexible and deploy whatever the best organisational tools to solve the problem at hand are. We believe firmly in deeply understanding customer needs and pain points and anyone who joins this team should expect to be speaking to customers regularly.
While we may not have an open role on the team right now (but make sure to look if we do!) we are growing fast and will pull forwards hires for the right candidate. If you’re an amazing product or design person who wants to help us fix insurance, please apply now!
About Our Offer
We’re taking an office-centric approach to work (with lots of flexibility built-in) and the team is based in Oval, London.
In addition to our positive, open working environment, you can expect the following benefits of working at Urban Jungle:
- A share of our successes. Every Urban Jungler receives share options that can increase alongside performance and growth.
- An impact from day one. Our business is scaling rapidly. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of Urban Jungle now and in the future.
- Dedicated development. Continuous learning and growth are part of our DNA. Our aim is to help you develop faster than any other business could. You’ll have a dedicated senior mentor, training on whatever you need to do your job well and a dedicated personal development budget.
- Well-being support. We’re committed to supporting both physical and mental well-being through a variety of initiatives designed to help you feel your best.
- A commitment to our values. Our values inform our policies, processes, decisions and actions. They are core to how we operate as a business.
- 25 days paid leave, plus public holidays.
- All. The. Fun. We regularly organise awesome socials and have some vibrant team communities like book club, foodies, and sports.
About Our Commitment
Urban Jungle is an equal opportunity employer and fairness and respect are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We do not discriminate based on race, age, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. We know that in order to build a truly successful business, we need a team of diverse individuals who can offer a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives.
We accept applications from candidates requiring visa sponsorship.