Urban Jungle is here to change the insurance industry for good.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in the UK, and we’re taking on one of the biggest and most outdated industries in the world. Urban Jungle puts the customer at the heart of everything it does, uses the latest technology to make insurance simple, fair and affordable, and helps us give our customers much more confidence in their financial futures.
All of this has meant we’ve already been able to help over 125,000 customers get better insurance and become one of the top-rated home insurance providers in the UK, with 4.8 on Trustpilot from over 6,000 reviews. We’ve raised over £30m in funding to date to help us with our mission.
We also have a huge focus on people. We placed 1st in the TechRound100 2021, 12th in the Startups100 2021 and we won the “Best Employer Award” in the UK FinTech Awards 2021.
And the best bit? This is just the beginning.
What’s the role?
Product Managers at Urban Jungle sit at the core of cross-functional teams, contributing in areas as diverse as improving the experience of our purchase and claims flows, to launching completely new products, to building amazing tooling for our operations team (and so much more).
Day to day, you’ll work to deeply understand user needs, analyse data and conduct experiments, tackle interesting business problems and find creative ways to solve them. You’ll have a massive impact on the business from day one.
As a Product Manager, you’ll also have real responsibility for a huge product area, collaboratively prioritising how we use our resources and managing and coaching other product managers in the team.
You’ll report to our Product Director, Elliot.
Who should apply?
We’re looking for a candidate who has experience building world-class products that haven’t just achieved business results, but created loads of value for customers. You’re either already managing and coaching other Product Managers, or have transferable experience that will make you great at it. You’ll need to be excited by our mission to change the way things are done in insurance, and to help millions of people plan for their financial future - starting with providing a safety net for their lives.
Bonus points if you’ve dabbled with SQL, HTML / CSS, Python or any other programming language. You don’t need any experience in insurance or wider financial services!
What’s the process?
We have designed a process that aims to get the right candidate working here as quickly as possible. If things are moving too slow for you, tell us!
The process starts with an initial phone chat followed by a video interview with our Product Director. Then we’ll ask you to complete a take-home task which is timeboxed to 2.5 hours which you’ll present at an in-person interview, alongside meeting some members of the wider team.
About Our Offer
We’re taking an office-centric approach to work (with lots of flexibility built-in) and the team is based in Oval, London.
In addition to our positive, open working environment, you can expect the following benefits of working at Urban Jungle:
- A starting salary of between £55,000 - £65,000 depending on experience
- A share of our successes. Every Urban Jungler receives share options that can increase alongside performance and growth.
- An impact from day one. Our business is scaling rapidly. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of Urban Jungle now and in the future.
- Dedicated development. Continuous learning and growth are part of our DNA. Our aim is to help you develop faster than any other business could. You’ll have a dedicated senior mentor, training on whatever you need to do your job well and a dedicated personal development budget.
- Well-being support. We’re committed to supporting both physical and mental well-being through a variety of initiatives designed to help you feel your best.
- A commitment to our values. Our values inform our policies, processes, decisions and actions. They are core to how we operate as a business.
- 25 days paid leave, plus public holidays.
- All. The. Fun. We regularly organise awesome socials and have some vibrant team communities like book club, foodies, and sports.
About Our Commitment
Urban Jungle is an equal opportunity employer and fairness and respect are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We do not discriminate based on race, age, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. We know that in order to build a truly successful business, we need a team of diverse individuals who can offer a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives.