Talent Acquisition Associate
We’re Urban Jungle and we’re here to change the insurance industry for good.
Urban Jungle was founded in 2016 after we experienced first-hand just how rigid and outdated the insurance industry is. We saw no embrace of technology and no empathy for real-world situations - like how people are renting for longer, and with more flatmates. We knew people shouldn’t have to settle for less.
We brought our own-label insurance products to market in 2019 and have since sold over 80,000 policies. Putting the customer at the heart of what we do and leveraging the use of technology, we’ve built insurance products that are fair, simple and created for the times we live in.
We continue to diversify our product range to meet the needs of a new generation of people. Going from strength to strength, we placed 1st in the TechRound100 2021, 12th in the Startups100 2021 and we won the “Best Employer Award” in the UK FinTech Awards 2021. We’ve raised $22M to date and have amassed over 4,000 5-star TrustPilot reviews.
About The Role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Talent Acquisition Associate to help us continue to source top talent for the business.
We’ll need you to hit the ground running to familiarise yourself with our existing hiring processes before you take over the end-to-end recruitment lifecycle for your set of roles. You’ll work holistically across the business - hiring everything from Software Engineers to Data Analysts and Marketers.
As well as hiring, you’ll have the opportunity to get stuck into Employer Branding and other People Ops projects along the way!
In this role, you’ll report to our People Manager, Alex Anderson.
Here’s what you’ll get up to:
- Proactively getting to grips with core recruitment processes and practices and gain a solid understanding of our customer, our vision, our products and how we work.
- Take ownership over end-to-end hiring for your set of roles. You’ll look after the entire process from kick-off to sourcing, screening, scheduling interviews and offering candidates!
- Continuously iterate on our processes and their scalability to maximise efficiency.
- Support our People Manager with the design and development of initiatives to articulate our EVP through effective Employer Branding.
- Spend roughly 10% of your time supporting the People team with onboarding, DE&I, office, community initiatives and ad-hoc People projects.
You've read this far! Here's what we need from you:
- No Talent Acquisition experience is necessary, so long as you can demonstrate a genuine interest in the space.
- Great written and verbal communication skills to effectively manage hiring managers and candidates through the hiring process.
- Strong time management skills to effectively manage numerous roles at different stages of the funnel.
- A natural problem-solver with a “test and learn” mentality. There are always new sourcing strategies to try!
- Lots of resilience to ride the recruitment rollercoaster even when there are bumps in the road.
- High EQ to understand different types of people and their motivations.
- Ultimately, you’ll be a highly ambitious self-starter with the drive to push both the business and yourself to the next level!
These requirements are a guide as to what we’re looking for, but if you don’t have all of the skills listed above, that’s okay! Please don’t let that hold you back from applying if the role excites you.
About Our Offer
We’re taking an office-centric approach to work and the team is based in Oval, London. Here’s what you can expect when working at Urban Jungle:
- A share of our successes. Every Urban Jungler receives share options that can increase alongside performance and growth.
- An impact from day one. Our business is scaling and increasing in complexity by the day. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of Urban Jungle now and in the future.
- Dedicated development. Continuous learning and growth are part of our DNA. You’ll have a dedicated senior mentor, training on whatever you need to do your job well and a dedicated personal development budget.
- Well-being support. We’re committed to supporting both physical and mental well-being through a variety of initiatives designed to help you feel your best.
- A commitment to our values. Our values inform our policies, processes, decisions and actions. They are core to how we operate as a business.
- 25 days paid leave, plus public holidays.
- All. The. Fun. We regularly organise awesome socials and have some vibrant team communities like book club, foodies, and sports.
About Our Commitment
Urban Jungle is an equal opportunity employer and fairness and respect are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We do not discriminate based on race, age, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. We know that in order to build a truly successful business, we need a team of diverse individuals who can offer a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives.
We accept applications from candidates requiring visa sponsorship.