Urban Jungle is here to change the insurance industry for good.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in the UK, and we’re taking on one of the biggest and most outdated industries in the world. To keep doing that we need some amazing people to help us build the future of insurance, and we’d love you to join us on our journey.
Urban Jungle was born out of frustration with how badly insurance companies were at using technology, and how little they understood what customers really needed. The result was insurance that was too expensive, too inflexible and in many cases not fair to customers. Urban Jungle puts the customer at the heart of everything it does, uses the latest technology to make insurance simple, fair and affordable, and helps us give our customers much more confidence in their financial futures.
All of this has meant we’ve already been able to help over 100,000 customers get better insurance and become one of the top-rated home insurance providers in the UK, with 4.8 on Trustpilot from over 5,000 reviews. We’re currently focused on Home insurance, but we’re adding new products all of the time, and we’ve raised over £30m in funding to date to help us with our mission.
We also have a huge focus on people. We placed 1st in the TechRound100 2021, 12th in the Startups100 2021 and we won the “Best Employer Award” in the UK FinTech Awards 2021.
And the best bit? This is just the beginning..
About The Role
We’re looking for a self-confessed people-person to join our growing Operations team at Urban Jungle.
As an Operations Associate, you will be in a uniquely varied role within the business - talking directly to our customers daily and contributing to business-wide projects.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do, so we’ll look to you to continually optimise our customer journey and come up with new ways to delight our customers.
In this role, you’ll report to our Head of Operations, Camille Charbit.
Here’s what you’ll get up to:
- Deal with customer queries, problems, and feedback via phone, chat, and email. Around 50% of your time will be spent supporting our customers.
- Execute operational processes, such as processing refunds, cancellations, and tracking and uploading claims to our systems.
- Assist other teams around the business with their operational processes. You could be supporting our Finance team one week, and the Marketing team the next!
- Identify specific customer issues and opportunities and work with our Ops, Product, and Insurance teams to make our products better!
- Be the voice of the customer in cross-functional projects, for example, designing a new claims handling service.
- Run projects to help improve and scale our Operations function.
- Use insights and feedback to develop new and creative ways to optimise the experience for our customers.
You've read this far! Here's what we’re looking for from you:
- No Operations experience is necessary, so long as you can demonstrate a drive to help solve customer issues.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to support our customers every step of the way.
- A natural problem-solver with a “test and learn” mentality.
- An extraordinary level of attention-to-detail
- Super organised and comfortable multitasking to tight deadlines.
- Not afraid to get stuck in and willing to roll up your sleeves to get customer and business problems solved
- Above all, you’ll care passionately about delivering an exceptional experience to our customers.
These requirements are a guide as to what we’re looking for, but if you don’t have all of the skills listed above, that’s okay! Please don’t let that hold you back from applying if the role excites you.
About Our Offer
We’re taking an office-centric approach to work (with lots of flexibility built-in) and the team is based in Oval, London.
In addition to our positive, open working environment, you can expect the following benefits of working at Urban Jungle:
- A starting salary of between £25,000 - £28,000 depending on experience
- A share of our successes. Every Urban Jungler receives share options that can increase alongside performance and growth.
- An impact from day one. Our business is scaling rapidly. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of Urban Jungle now and in the future.
- Dedicated development. Continuous learning and growth are part of our DNA. Our aim is to help you develop faster than any other business could. You’ll have a dedicated senior mentor, training on whatever you need to do your job well and a dedicated personal development budget.
- Well-being support. We’re committed to supporting both physical and mental well-being through a variety of initiatives designed to help you feel your best.
- A commitment to our values. Our values inform our policies, processes, decisions and actions. They are core to how we operate as a business.
- 25 days paid leave, plus public holidays.
- All. The. Fun. We regularly organise awesome socials and have some vibrant team communities like book club, foodies, and sports.
About Our Commitment
Urban Jungle is an equal opportunity employer and fairness and respect are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We do not discriminate based on race, age, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. We know that in order to build a truly successful business, we need a team of diverse individuals who can offer a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives.