Urban Jungle is here to change the insurance industry for good.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in the UK, and we’re taking on one of the biggest and most widely used categories in the world. Urban Jungle puts the customer at the heart of everything it does, uses the latest technology to make insurance simple, fair and affordable, and helps us give our customers much more confidence in their financial futures.
All of this has meant we’ve already been able to help more than 200,000 customers get better insurance and become one of the top-rated home insurance providers in the UK, with 4.6 on Trustpilot from over 9,000 reviews. We’ve raised over £30m in funding to date to help us with our mission.
We also have a huge focus on people and our planet. We’ve recently placed 1st in Tempo's Super Start Ups 2024, and won the “Best Employer Award” in the UK FinTech Awards. We’re also proud to be a certified B-Corp, and a Carbon Neutral company.
And the best bit? This is just the beginning.
About The Role
We’re on the hunt for a Finance Analyst to join our growing Finance team at Urban Jungle!
As our Finance Analyst, you’ll play a key role in the success of our Finance function as you use our financial data to inform the rest of the business, collaborate with other teams, and drive important decision making.
Alongside this, you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in process automation and cross-functional project work.
Reporting to our Head of Finance, Lucy Marshall, you’ll be part of an agile Finance team, working very closely with the CFO, and will play a pivotal role in achieving our company’s growth plans.
Here’s what you’ll get up to:
- Assisting with producing numbers for board MI, reconciliation, journal postings, accruals and analysis.
- Taking our monthly financial reporting and informing the rest of the business, using results to drive important business decisions.
- Assisting with reporting and updating our investors - both angels and institutional.
- Collaborating with other teams to understand what is happening behind the numbers, and what we need to think about next. These teams will include but not be limited to Data, Marketing, Insurance.
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasting - both for internal decision making and external proposals.
- Assisting with any modelling as and when required. For example scenario analysis, and sensitivity analysis.
- Representing the Finance team in assisting with ad-hoc queries from other departments.
- Supporting the Finance team with any other ad-hoc tasks and projects required.
You've read this far! Here's what we need from you:
- You'll have a degree under your belt, maybe with some previous experience in a Finance function or Commercial role.
- You might be interested in or have started a CIMA qualification or equivalent (if you would like to be, you will be supported by Urban Jungle to do these exams).
- A passion for automation, big data sets, and analysis.
- A knack for numbers and analysis with strong working knowledge of Excel. You will likely have dabbled with SQL or equivalent.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills to effectively manage multiple moving parts of various Finance processes and projects.
- A natural problem-solver with a test and learn mentality.
- A level of attention to detail that will put us all to shame! You'll understand that your accuracy is critical to the success of the Finance function and the business itself.
- Innovative and full of ideas to streamline and optimise processes.
- Above all, you’ll be a highly ambitious self-starter with the drive to push both the business and yourself to the next level!
These requirements are a guide as to what we’re looking for, but if you don’t have all of the skills listed above, that’s okay! Please don’t let that hold you back from applying if the role excites you.
About Our Offer
We’re taking an office-centric approach to work (with lots of flexibility built-in) and the team is based in Oval, London.
In addition to our positive, open working environment, you can expect the following benefits of working at Urban Jungle:
- A starting salary of £30,000 - £42,000* depending on experience.
- A share of our successes. Every Urban Jungler receives share options that can increase alongside performance and growth.
- An impact from day one. Our business is scaling rapidly. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of Urban Jungle now and in the future.
- Dedicated development. Continuous learning and growth are part of our DNA. Our aim is to help you develop faster than any other business could. You’ll have a dedicated senior mentor, training on whatever you need to do your job well, and a dedicated personal development budget.
- Well-being support. We’re committed to supporting both physical and mental well-being through a variety of initiatives designed to help you feel your best.
- A commitment to our values. Our values inform our policies, processes, decisions, and actions. They are core to how we operate as a business.
- 25 days paid leave, plus public holidays.
- All. The. Fun. We regularly organise awesome socials and have some vibrant team communities like book club, foodies, and sports.
*If our advertised salary doesn’t suit your current expectations, just let us know.
About Our Commitment
Urban Jungle is an equal opportunity employer and fairness and respect are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We do not discriminate based on race, age, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. We know that in order to build a truly successful business, we need a team of diverse individuals who can offer a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives.