Urban Jungle is here to change the insurance industry for good.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in the UK, and we’re taking on one of the biggest and most widely used categories in the world. Urban Jungle puts the customer at the heart of everything it does, uses the latest technology to make insurance simple, fair and affordable, and helps us give our customers much more confidence in their financial futures.
All of this has meant we’ve already been able to help nearly 200,000 customers get better insurance and become one of the top-rated home insurance providers in the UK, with 4.6 on Trustpilot from over 8,000 reviews. We’ve raised over £30m in funding to date to help us with our mission.
We also have a huge focus on people and our planet. We’ve recently placed 1st in the TechRound100, and won the “Best Employer Award” in the UK FinTech Awards. We’re also proud to be a certified B-Corp, and a Carbon Neutral company.
And the best bit? This is just the beginning.
About The Role
We’re looking for an experienced leader to head up our Operations team.
We want you to build and grow the most effective operations teams in Insurance. You’ll be taking over the leadership of the amazing 13 strong team that’s already in place, helping them to maintain our efficiency and customer experience as we scale rapidly, and taking on new operational responsibilities as we grow the business.
In this role, you'll report to our Co-Founder and CTO, Greg Smyth.
Here’s what you’ll get up to:
- Take charge of the Operations function for the business, reporting directly to one of the founders.
- Strategise and execute long-term plans on how to run, scale and structure our team.
- Serve as the go-to person for handling big/complex customer support cases.
- Build and scale our talent model for what is one of the biggest teams in the company.
- Ensure that operational priorities are reflected within the senior team, and across the business.
- Drive real change in a sector that matters, and make a positive impact on our 175,000+ customers.
You've read this far! Here's what we need from you:
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience, including direct experience in operations at a consumer-facing business.
- Experience leading and developing customer service/support teams
- Experience developing, managing & hiring teams.
- Experience leading a function and making decisions, at both the strategic and tactical level.
- A confident communicator who can hold their own in a senior team discussion.
- Someone used to applying intellectual rigour to their thinking, and able to make their own arguments for change.
- Some experience in a regulated market would be great, but not essential
- Ultimately, you’re highly ambitious with the drive to push both the business and yourself to the next level.
These requirements are a guide as to what we’re looking for, but if you don’t have all of the skills listed above, that’s okay! Please don’t let that hold you back from applying if the role excites you.
About Our Offer
We’re taking an office-centric approach to work (with lots of flexibility built-in) and the team is based in Oval, London.
In addition to our positive, open working environment, you can expect the following benefits of working at Urban Jungle:
- A competitive starting salary of £100k+ based on your skills and experience.
- A share of our successes. Every Urban Jungler receives share options that can increase alongside performance and growth.
- An impact from day one. Our business is scaling rapidly. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of Urban Jungle now and in the future.
- Dedicated development. Continuous learning and growth are part of our DNA. Our aim is to help you develop faster than any other business could. You’ll have a dedicated senior mentor, training on whatever you need to do your job well, and a dedicated personal development budget.
- Well-being support. We’re committed to supporting both physical and mental well-being through a variety of initiatives designed to help you feel your best.
- A commitment to our values. Our values inform our policies, processes, decisions, and actions. They are core to how we operate as a business.
- 25 days paid leave, plus public holidays.
- All. The. Fun. We regularly organise awesome socials and have some vibrant team communities like book club, foodies, and sports.
About Our Commitment
Urban Jungle is an equal opportunity employer and fairness and respect are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We do not discriminate based on race, age, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. We know that in order to build a truly successful business, we need a team of diverse individuals who can offer a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives.