Urban Jungle is here to change the insurance industry for good.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in the UK, and we’re taking on one of the biggest and most widely used categories in the world. Urban Jungle puts the customer at the heart of everything it does, uses the latest technology to make insurance simple, fair and affordable, and helps us give our customers much more confidence in their financial futures.
All of this has meant we’ve already been able to help more than 200,000 customers get better insurance and become one of the top-rated home insurance providers in the UK, with 4.6 on Trustpilot from over 9,000 reviews. We’ve raised over £30m in funding to date to help us with our mission.
We also have a huge focus on people and our planet. We’ve recently placed 1st in the TechRound100, and won the “Best Employer Award” in the UK FinTech Awards. We’re also proud to be a certified B-Corp, and a Carbon Neutral company.
And the best bit? This is just the beginning.
About the Role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Full-Stack Engineer to join our ever-growing Engineering team!
We need you to hit the ground running, picking up our tech stack with ease so you can start shipping releases within your first few weeks. You’ll start with where you have the most experience and we’ll give you exposure to the rest of our services to build out your expertise.
You’ll have a tangible impact from day one as you collaborate with our Product, Commercial, and Data teams to ensure we continue to build products that delight our customers.
Here's what you'll get up to:
- You’ll progress from shipping small features to working on bigger, cross-functional projects, such as product launches or partner integrations.
- You’ll continue to deepen your skillset in a variety of technologies as you work to solve problems across our stack.
- Use your technical knowledge to influence the decisions we make about our growing portfolio of products and services.
- You’ll have a say in how we build and scale the team as we grow.
You've read this far! Here's what we're looking for from you:
- This may be your first commercial role, but we’re looking for examples of where you’ve used one or more of the following languages in academic or personal projects:
- You’re excited to learn more about:
- Front-End/UX design and prototyping
- Linux, Docker, AWS, SQL
- You get a thrill out of solving problems - big or small!
- A strong communicator with the ability to communicate technical concepts into layman’s terms for a non-technical audience.
- You’re not afraid to challenge the status quo if it means reaching a better outcome for our customers.
- Use your excellent time management abilities to prioritise daily tasks in accordance with overarching company goals.
- Ultimately, you’ll be a highly ambitious self-starter with the drive to push both the business and yourself to the next level!
These requirements are a guide as to what we’re looking for, but if you don’t have all of the skills listed above, that’s okay! Please don’t let that hold you back from applying if the role excites you.
About Our Offer
We’re taking an office-centric approach to work (with lots of flexibility built-in) and the team is based in Oval, London.
In addition to our positive, open working environment, you can expect the following benefits of working at Urban Jungle:
- A starting salary of between £39,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
- A share of our successes. Every Urban Jungler receives share options that can increase alongside performance and growth.
- An impact from day one. Our business is scaling rapidly. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of Urban Jungle now and in the future.
- Dedicated development. Continuous learning and growth are part of our DNA. Our aim is to help you develop faster than any other business could. You’ll have a dedicated senior mentor, training on whatever you need to do your job well and a dedicated personal development budget.
- Well-being support. We’re committed to supporting both physical and mental well-being through a variety of initiatives designed to help you feel your best.
- A commitment to our values. Our values inform our policies, processes, decisions and actions. They are core to how we operate as a business.
- 25 days paid leave, plus public holidays.
- All. The. Fun. We regularly organise awesome socials and have some vibrant team communities like book club, foodies, and sports.
About Our Commitment
Urban Jungle is an equal opportunity employer and fairness and respect are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We do not discriminate based on race, age, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. We know that in order to build a truly successful business, we need a team of diverse individuals who can offer a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives.