About the role:
We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic software engineer to join our talented team.
This role will give you the opportunity to work across our tech stack, starting where you have most experience, and gradually building out your expertise across our services. This is a great opportunity to learn how a tech start-up works and have a material impact on the future of the business.
In this role you will:
- Work in a constantly evolving environment with lots of opportunity to develop as the business grows.
- Solve problems touching areas across our stack, gaining expertise in a variety of technologies.
- Collaborate closely with our product team to deliver products and features that delight our customers.
- Take ownership of your work and have a tangible impact on what we can get shipped as a team from really early on.
- Build your commercial awareness as you work on projects with teams from across Urban Jungle.
- Join a fun and supportive team where your development and wellbeing matters.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- A problem solver, who wants to deliver new products/apps/services and improvements to all parts of our company.
- Passionate about building great software and willing to jump into all parts of a modern technology stack.
- Experienced in some of the following (and has a willingness to learn the others):
- Easy to get on with and communicates well with technical and non-technical people.
- A self starter, who will not be afraid to challenge the status quo to get to a better outcome.
- Excited about the challenge of a start-up – especially getting to help shape the business from an early stage.
Urban Jungle is an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. So long as you’ve got the skills for the job, even if you don’t fit these requirements exactly, we’d love to hear from you!
You can expect from us
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- A material equity stake
- A company pension
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays
- Full training on whatever you need to do your job well
- Clear objectives, which are regularly updated, with regular formal feedback
- Whatever kit you need to be effective
- Lots of social fun and events
- A commitment from the co-founders to spend significant time on your coaching and development.
- An open environment where you will be challenged
Urban Jungle is an exciting fintech scaleup that is making waves in a high growth consumer insurance space. Although we work in financial services, we are at heart a tech company, focused on building a customer-first brand that people can trust.
Our mission is to help millions of young people plan for their financial future - starting with providing a safety net for their home lives. We’re designing and building insurance products for a new generation of customers, challenging the status quo and changing the way things are done in insurance. We base all of our decisions and strategy around our 4 core values:
- Customer first
- Transparency matters
- Keep getting better
- Be responsible
It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re growing fast! In the last year we hit 30,000 customers and grew the team by 100% - and we have big plans for growth in 2021! This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing, data driven company and have a hand in shaping our futures.
Logistics & Application
The position will start remotely but you must be able to work at our offices in Oval, South London in the medium term. Sadly, we cannot sponsor visas at this stage.
The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation followed by two rounds of video interviews, including technical and CV interviews with the senior team.
Sound exciting? Send your CV with a cover note to email@example.com